The Fifth & Pacific Foundation believes every woman should have access to the training and tools necessary to achieve economic independence. We pursue this mission by supporting multi-dimensional programs that offer essential job readiness training that assist women, in particular those affected by domestic violence, transition from poverty into successful independent living.
The Fifth & Pacific Foundation invests in nonprofit organizations that remove barriers to employment for women by helping them take important steps toward long-term self-sufficiency. With our support, nonprofit organizations provide intensive hands-on training to women so they may, perhaps for the first time, enter the workforce, start their own business, or begin a career path that leads them out of poverty.
Building on 31 years of grantmaking, our giving is squarely focused in the U.S. communities where Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc. has a significant presence. These communities are: the five boroughs of New York City; Los Angeles County, California; and Hudson County, New Jersey. The Foundation also provides funding to a limited number of national initiatives.
In a given year, the Foundation provides approximately $1.4 million in the form of grants to nonprofit organizations whose goals and operations further our priorities. These funds come entirely from earnings on the Foundation's endowment, which stood at approximately $24.6 million at the end of 2011. Grants are made in support of direct services, public policy, public awareness, infrastructure, and occasionally for capital needs. To apply for funding, please follow the instructions provided in the attached "Required Documents for Grant Proposals."
Foundation Board Meetings are held quarterly to set policy and make grant determinations.
Foundation Officers: John Engeman, Treasurer; Alison Mathias, Secretary.
Foundation's Board of Directors and Affiliations:
- Dana Buchman, Designer
- Jerome Chazen, retired Founder, Liz Claiborne Inc. & current Founder & Chairman, Chazen Capital Partners
- Elaine Goodell, Vice President, Finance Governance & Risk Management, Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc.
- Roberta Karp, retired Senior Vice President, Business Development & Legal Affairs, Liz Claiborne Inc.
- Craig Leavitt, Chief Executive Officer, kate spade new york
- Bill McComb, Chief Executive Officer, Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc.
- Jane Randel, Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications & Brand Services, Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc.
- Sheila Renovitch, Director, Fifth & Pacific Foundation
- Nick Rubino, Senior Vice President, Chief Legal Officer, Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc.
Foundation Staff Members:Sheila Renovitch, Director; Alison Mathias, Program Officer.
The Foundation will not accept proposals for programs relating to the Arts or the Environment. Contributions will not be made:
- to political, religious, fraternal, or veterans' organizations;
- to, or on behalf of, individuals, including educational assistance;
- for professional meetings, conferences, or symposia;
- for endowment purposes;
- for courtesy advertising or fundraising events; or
- for sponsorship of events, performances, or exhibits.
MATCHING GIFT PROGRAM
Through our Matching Gift Program, we encourage and support the individual charitable giving of our full-time associates. Our program is both generous and broad, providing matching funds to associates' donations up to $10,000 each year to qualified nonprofit organizations. Where associates serve as voluntary board members, charitable contributions may be matched at a rate of two to one.